Cooperation with the Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF).
RBF provides the fundamental institutional support for RES Foundation in the Network of good energy.
Network of good energy is an informal network of advanced, forward-looking (2030 horizon) local self-governments utilizing civil society organization’s capacities supported by private sector and development partners to deliver public goods in sustainable energy across Serbia, complementing, inspiring and monitoring efforts of the public administration. The objective of the project Network of good energy is to reduce the energy costs and emissions and combating energy poverty utilizing EU2030 energy and climate framework and Sustainable Development Goal framework with the special focus on SDG 3, SDG 7 and SDG 13.
Some of the activities that RBF supports are:
- Founding the Secretariat of the Network of good energy in Vrbas, Serbia.
- Creation of two regional energy and climate plans.
- Each year two round trainings for local energy managers.
- Four workshops on EU energy and climate policies.
- Ad hoc advice to at least 10 municipalities.
- Engagement with the National parliament by informing the members of the parliament on the relevance of the EU approach for the solution of local problems.
- Gathering data on energy consumptions for more than 50 municipalities.
Results that we have achieved with the support of RBF:
- Developed E-Platform for local energy and climate planning. Access on http://www.dobraenergija.org.
- Developed paper on the feasibility of energy cooperatives for the promotion of sustainable community energy.
- More than 100 participants during the founding conference of the Network of good energy.
- Organized 4 trainings for the energy managers with 56 participants.
- 14 local-self governments have asked for advice and support from the Secretariat of Network of good energy.
- Representative of RES Foundation and Network of good energy has talked to the members of parliament on different occasions.